• Blog, Company News, Issues, News
Tulchin Research Congratulates Our Clients’ Success in Recent Elections
In what is supposed to be an “off-year” for campaigns and politics, Tulchin Research and its team of all-star analysts have been hard at work helping our clients win political, advocacy and communications campaigns. A few recent highlights include:
- Electing State Senator Curren Price to the Los Angeles City Council in District 9 – We worked closely with Curren and his team in providing polling, messaging and targeting strategy in this come-from-behind victory. The State Senator began the race a distant 4th and surged to finish 1st in the primary and then carried that momentum to win a hard-fought general election. Tulchin had also worked closely with Curren when he came from behind to win his State Senate seat in a special election in 2009.
- Helping guide Assemblywoman Norma Torres to capturing a State Senate special election in California – We provided multiple rounds of polling in both the primary and run-off for an effective IE as Norma won this Inland Empire-based district and defeated a well-known local Republican mayor to ensure Democrats maintain their 2/3 super-majority in the State Legislature. Despite an unpredictably low turnout in this special election that risked tilting against Democrats, our polling was spot-on and accurately predicted her margin of victory in both the primary and general. Tulchin also polled for Torres when she first won her seat for Assembly.
- Working with Dallas City Council candidate Bobby Abtahi – We are polling for and providing ongoing strategic counsel to Bobby Abtahi’s campaign for Dallas City Council in District 14. A political newcomer, Bobby entered a crowded field with limited name ID. Drawing upon our research findings, we worked with the campaign to develop a strategic blueprint and build a winning coalition that enabled Bobby to leapfrog several better known opponents and finish a strong second place, shocking the political establishment and heading into the run-off with momentum.
- Accurately predicting the outcomes of a medical marijuana ballot measure and the Mayor’s race in Los Angeles – With polling data all over the place in the competitive LA mayor’s race and the multiple medical marijuana measures on the ballot, our polling accurately predicted Eric Garcetti would win the mayor’s race by a narrow margin and that Proposition D, which limits the number of marijuana dispensaries and raises taxes by a small amount on medicinal pot, would win by a comfortable margin.
- Defending California’s Senate Democratic Supermajority – We are polling on behalf of an IE in the California State Senate District 16 special election to fill the seat vacated by Democrat Michael Rubio. In an open primary field with three Democrats and only one Republican, our research helped guide a successful effort to significantly boost Democrat Leticia Perez’s support among Latinos to force a run-off and deny victory to a Tea Party Republican.
Beyond these recent electoral successes, we are continuing to work closely with our current clients in providing them accurate polling data, messaging and strategic advice as they pursue their objectives.
Let us know how we can help you deal with your public opinion research needs.